Friday, September 4, 2015

The start of the project

I think about garbage a lot.  I don't know how this obsession started- I did photograph the local landfill for an art project in first year art school- but I just stopped being okay with throwing stuff away and never thinking about where it goes.

I try to limit my use of disposables already, although I'm far from perfect.  (Read Bea Johnson's blog Zero Waste Home to see how it's really done)  I volunteer with a little environment non-profit called SPEC on the Waste Committee.  Waste is North America's number one product, but it's ignored.

Well, it's easy to get preachy.  I'm doing this project to make myself spend some time with my garbage, to measure and document my personal consumption, and see if I can find new ways to produce less garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment